Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII)
The certified flight instructor instrument course helps a pilot meet the Robinson SFAR 73 requirements AND allows you to teach instruments to students.
FAA Rating Requirements
- Must currently hold a commercial rating
- Complete ground school or a home study course for the certified flight instructor instrument rating.
- Log sufficient flight training
- Pass FAA written tests.
- Pass an FAA oral and flight test.
Flight Requirements (to instruct in R44):
- At least 200 hours of helicopter flight time
- At least 50 hours must be in a Robinson R44 helicopter (or 25 hours in a Robinson R44 if the pilot have logged 25 hours in a Robinson R22)
- 3 hours in preparation for the flight test
What this means to you:
This allows you to teach instruments to students.
- FAA CFII Practical Test Standards (pdf)
- Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
Hold a commercial and instrument rating
Let’s Get Started