Flight Instructor CFICertified Flight Instructor Training
DITCH THE TRADITIONAL WHITEBOARD, TEACH STUDENTS TO FLY THROUGH THE SKY.
You’re in luck – Certified Flight Instructors are in high demand right now as instructors typically move on to careers that require 1000+ hours to apply. Instructors can build 600-800 hours a year if they are flying for a medium-sized flight school. Working as a CFI/CFII also further hones your piloting skills, raises your experience level and exposes you to additional commercial flight opportunities to add to your resume. This training is used to teach prospective pilots, but is also the the next step in a commercial pilot’s career in getting to larger operators and career flying. Regardless, it’s an amazing training course that refines your skills, takes you back to the basics everyday and trains you to create the next generation of helicopter pilots.
The Certified Flight Instructor course advances your skills by learning to teach others what you’re so passionate about. Pass along your knowledge and learn to inspire students to complete their flight training dreams.
FAA RATING REQUIREMENTS
Already Hold a Fixed-Wing Certified Flight Instructor Certificate? Learn About the Certified Flight Instructor Add-On Here
- Minimum of 150 Hours of Flight Time
- At least 200 hours of helicopter flight time (to instruct in R22)
- At least 50 hours must be in a Robinson R22 helicopter (to instruct in R22) -or- At least 50 hours must be in a Robinson R44 helicopter (to instruct in R44) -or- At least 50 hours must be in a Robinson R22 and 25 hours must be in an R44 (to instruct in R22 and R44)
- 3 hours in preparation for the flight test
Part 141 General Requirements:
- Minimum 18 Years Old to Take Practical Flight Test
- Hold a Commercial Pilot Helicopter Certificate
- Must Read, Write, Understand, and Speak English
- Hold a Current FAA Medical Certificate
- Pass FAA Written – Fundamentals of Instruction
- Pass FAA Written – Flight Instructor Helicopter
- Pass an FAA Oral and Practical Flight Test
- You must already hold a valid commercial pilot license or ATP Helicopter License
Students can set up a block time account with $4000.00 cash or check. Students will receive a 5% discount off the hourly rate of flight and ground instruction. Therefore, if the training cost $12,000 then the student will save over $700.00.
Block time cannot be purchased with a credit card.
If a student requests a refund of their money on account, the 5% discount will be put back on each paid invoice and paid for out of the remainder of block time funds. After one year from the last invoice, the student can only fly off block time funds – a refund will not be given. Student can give credit on account to other students.
If you would like to try a demo lesson, Veracity offers a discovery flight in the R22 for $150.00. This includes 30 minutes of ground and 20 minutes of hands-on flight! You can log it if you have a logbook or you can purchase one for $9.95+tax.
If you are over 225 pounds (the seat weight limit for the R22), the R44 discovery flight is $235.00.
Gift certificates for the discovery flight can be purchased over the phone or through email and make great presents. If the recipient decides they’d like to fly longer, additional flight time can be combined with the original certificate.