Commercial Helicopter PilotsCommercial Pilot Training
LIVE YOUR DREAM, AND GET PAID TO DO IT.
If you’ve decided you would like to become a professional pilot, you must hold a commercial license in order to conduct pilot services. A commercial certificate allows you to fly for hire, and is a requirement for becoming a Certified Flight Instructor. It’s time you finally get paid for your hard work and what you love to do.
FAA RATING REQUIREMENTSAlready Hold A Commercial Fixed Wing Certificate? Learn About The Commercial Helicopter Pilot License Add On Here.
- 150 hours (Minimum) Total Pilot Time in Helicopters Must Include
- 5 hours of instrument training in a helicopter
- 100 hours of “Pilot-in-Command” Flight time (35 hours or more of which must be in a helicopter)
- 20 hours of Dual Instruction in the Required Areas of Operation
- 10 hours of Cross-Country Helicopter Experience
- 1 Day VFR 2-hour(minimum) Dual Instruction Flight with one (1) 50 Nautical-mile leg
- 1 Night VFR 2-hour (minimum) Dual Instruction Flight with (1) 50 nautical-mile leg
Part 141 General Requirements:
- Minimum 18 Years Old to Take Commercial Pilot Flight Test
- Must Read, Write, Understand, and Speak English
- Hold a Private Pilot Helicopter Certificate
- Minimum of 150 Hours of Flight Time
- Current FAA Medical Certificate
- Pass an FAA Oral and Practical Flight Test
- Pass an FAA Written Knowledge Test
Solo Flight Requirements:
- 1 Cross-Country Solo flight with three landings and one (1) 50 nautical-mile minimum leg
- 5 hours night solo
- hours of dual instruction in the preceding 60 days in preparation for the Checkride
Students can set up a block time account with $4000.00 cash or check. Students will receive a 5% discount off the hourly rate of flight and ground instruction. Therefore, if the training cost $12,000 then the student will save over $700.00.
Block time cannot be purchased with a credit card.
If a student requests a refund of their money on account, the 5% discount will be put back on each paid invoice and paid for out of the remainder of block time funds. After one year from the last invoice, the student can only fly off block time funds – a refund will not be given. Student can give credit on account to other students.
If you would like to try a demo lesson, Veracity offers a discovery flight in the R22 for $150.00. This includes 30 minutes of ground and 25 minutes of hands-on flight! You can log it if you have a logbook or you can purchase one for $9.95+tax.
If you are over 225 pounds (the seat weight limit for the R22), the R44 discovery flight is $235.00.
Gift certificates for the discovery flight can be purchased over the phone or through email and make great presents. If the recipient decides they’d like to fly longer, additional flight time can be combined with the original certificate.