Flight TrainingFlight Instructor Instrument
TEACH STUDENTS INSTRUMENT LESSONS
The certified flight instructor instrument course helps a pilot meet the Robinson SFAR 73 requirements and allows you to teach instruments to students. You will teach pilots how to fly in instrument conditions and further their knowledge of flying as a whole.
FAA RATING REQUIREMENTS
- At least 200 hours of helicopter flight time
- At least 50 hours must be in a Robinson R44 helicopter (or 25 hours in a Robinson R44 if the pilot have logged 25 hours in a Robinson R22)
- 3 hours in preparation for the flight test
Part 141 General Requirements:
- Must currently hold a commercial rating
- Must currently hold an instrument rating
- Complete ground school or a home study course for the certified flight instructor instrument rating.
- Log sufficient flight training
- Pass FAA written tests.
- Pass an FAA oral and flight test.
- You must already hold a valid commercial pilot license and instrument rating certificate.
Students can set up a block time account with $4000.00 cash or check. Students will receive a 5% discount off the hourly rate of flight and ground instruction. Therefore, if the training cost $16,000 then the student will save over $800.00.
Block time cannot be purchased with a credit card.
If a student requests a refund of their money on account, the 5% discount will be put back on each paid invoice and paid for out of the remainder of block time funds. After one year from the last invoice, the student can only fly off block time funds – a refund will not be given. Student can give credit on account to other students.
If you would like to try a demo lesson, Veracity offers a discovery flight in the R22 for $155.00. This includes 30 minutes of ground and 25 minutes of hands-on flight! You can log it if you have a logbook or you can purchase one for $9.95+tax.
If you are over 220 pounds (the seat weight limit for the R22), the R44 discovery flight is $275.00.
Gift certificates for the discovery flight can be purchased over the phone or through email and make great presents. If the recipient decides they’d like to fly longer, additional flight time can be combined with the original certificate.